I am Sebastian and grew up near Berlin. Some people might know that there are not that many mountains around Berlin. There are some climbing gyms though where I could get to love climbing. Due to an injury one year later I was looking for a sport as a compensation, because I had to stop climbing for almost a year.
I tried slacklining and got in love with the sport.
This is 6 years ago now and I still find it curious that it is possible to walk on long ropes, but somehow it seems to work. It is the combination of full concentration and body strength that makes slacklining a unique sport for me. Moreover it takes you to beautiful places you would have never seen otherwise. Now that I can climb again it is not easy though to train for climbing and slacklining at the same time but the good thing is that your body does not forget how to balance on a rope. After a break you just have to rebuild the muscles.
- August 30, 2019raed athlete Sebastian is one of the highly talented young guns in this amazing community. Last week he sent his first 420 m highline in Bosnia - aged 20. In this picture you can see him training on his home spot near Jena, Germany on his Rainbow highline setup. Line length: 160m. Sebastian uses this line to "make miles". This intense training method aims for a long distance walk back and forth and back and forth and so on until he reaches a point where he can't continue to walk anymore. Then he still keeps pushing hard until he reaches his set distance goal and goes back home for some rest. This kind of training provides the needed physical strength and endurance to master the big lines that are waiting for him. The 420m was just the first step in his journey, this is for sure. Wanna be a strong highliner too? Find your gear in our slackshop: https://raed-slacklines.com/ Thx for the pic: Daniel Neumann
- June 24, 2019Life is often unfair. Sometimes you see people make impossible things look so easy. One of these guys is raed athlete Sebastian. When he cruises across a long highline, it mostly looks effortless for him. In this picture you can see him on a 175m line, rigged on 50m pieces of Rainbow, connected via DuraLaVida loops. Backup: 53m Parsec segments. Would you like to level the field and make it look easy for yourself? Go training. Become stronger. And enjoy cruising these lines. You can find all the gear for your lines in our slackshop: https://raed-slacklines.com/
- June 23, 2019Surf it, baby! One of Sebastians highly appealing highline moves is some immense surfbounce. 80m, 100m, 150m? Doesn't matter - as soon as he finds the sweet spot of a line, he just goes crazy on it. Here you can see him during the Midsummer Highline Meeting at the Aktienbruch quarry in Löbejün, Germany. Wanna go crazy on highliney yourself? Check out our slackshop and find all the gear you need: https://raed-slacklines.com/
- October 16, 2018Basti's little bounce session in Montiggl, Italy. Line: 60m SuperMOTM, 400m height, PRO weblocks, tensioned with PRO Pulley System. Backup: Parsec Get your highline setup in our slackshop: https://raed-slacklines.com Slackliner: Sebastian Klimke Music: Rob Viktum, 4/17/1975
- September 30, 2018In this picture you can see raed athlete Sebastian on a line that he described as "the most difficult highline of my life". As you can see: the backup was tight as hell and the line was more than 300m long. This combination made it a real beast to walk. Do you want to become a strong highliner too? Get some heavy training webbing in our slackshop: https://raed-slacklines.com/twtmnbn-highline-webbing
- September 26, 2018How does the training routine of our raed athletes usually look like? Sebastian chooses to waterline as much as he can during the warmer time of the year to strengthen his body and sharpen his skills and tricks on the line. Of course that includes hundreds of leashfalls, climbs and mounts, so these techniques are extremely advanced. For his training lines Sebastian mostly chooses MOTM webbing in PRO weblocks, usually tensioned between 3 and 4 kN. It's a playful and bouncy setup that is also quite challenging, depending on the length and height of the line. Get your gear in our slackshop: MOTM webbing: https://raed-slacklines.com/motm-tubular-nylon-slackline-webbing - PRO weblocks: https://raed-slacklines.com/pro-weblock
- September 20, 2018Let's call it a waterline week to start this summer! Sebastian finds the perfect balance and bounce on 100m SuperMOTM across the Göllersee in Südtirol, Italy. Get your own piece of it in our shop: https://raed-slacklines.com/supermotm-threaded-tubular-nylon-slackline-webbing
- September 07, 2018
Looking for a cool new slackline wallpaper for your electronic device? Look no further, we've got you covered! The wallpaper can be downloaded in several sizes for different screens:
- January 07, 2018Good old summer highline times. Winter in Germany is harsh so we show a pic of a sunny highline session today. Basti Klimke plays on this 80m highline in an abandoned quarry near Löbejün, Germany. Let the sun in your heart and the flow will follow. https://raed-slacklines.com/motm-tubular-nylon-slackline-webbing
- December 18, 2017The "Passion of Otto Lilienthal" was one of the beautiful highline projects we've seen in 2017. raed athlete Sebastian Klimke sends the 140 m very calm and controlled. Location: at the exact same place where human flight was invented (really!) Pic: Daniel Neumann
- August 29, 2017What an emotional moment! raed athlete Sebastian surfs the most out of the urban highline during UHF in Lublin, Poland. You wanna go big into bouncing and surfing? Get some stretchy MOTM webbing and surf hard: https://raed-slacklines.com/motm-tubular-nylon-slackline-webbing
- November 20, 2016
raed athlete Sebastian Klimke during his 200m onsight send on Parsec Longline webbing. Get yours here: https://raed-slacklines.com/parsec-longline-webbing and crush your personal bests too!