Product was successfully added to your shopping cart.
Risks of soft shackles in highline rigs
5/23/2019 12:29 PM
We did some tests and found an interesting result when we tested a sewn loop on a soft shackle.
* Used webbing: raed Helium (MBS 24 kN), 6mm Soft Shackle (MBS 42 kN)
* the webbing broke at 14,9 kN - nearly 10 kN below the original MBS
* smaller diameter vs bigger diameter significantly reduces the MBS even in "static" situations
* There are things about soft connections that we don't know about in total yet.
* We wouldn't recommend the use of soft connections for highline rigs in this form.
* We will put much more research into this in the future.
Stay safe and keep the balance